In order to become a great manager with effective leadership, we certainly need to invest a lot of time to… improve and develop ourselves first. I would say that’s always true. Whenever you stay still, not advancing yourself, that’s the moment you are really moving backward. As people are keep moving advance, once you stay still. As a leader, it’s even more critical for you to learn and experience more things to advance yourselves each and everyday. While it may sound a bit stressful, I believe this will give you more rewards than anything else can give you.
With nearly 20 years in the field, I would suggest that for whatever you do, you need to find the core principles underneath of what things are happening. Once you can see those core principles underneath, you will also see things clearer. I’ll take this chance to share the 13 principles that I’m currently reading from a book named 13 things mentally strong people don’t do. By just listing them here, I do hope it sparks some suggestions in you for how you would perceive this world and what is happening to you and around you:
- They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves
- They don’t give away their power
- They don’t shy away from change
- They don’t focus on things they can’t control
- They don’t worry about pleasing everyone
- They don’t fear taking calculated risks
- They don’t dwell on the past
- They don’t make the same mistakes over and over
- They don’t resent other people’s success
- They don’t give up after the first failure
- They don’t fear alone time
- They don’t feel the world owes them anything
- They don’t expect immediate results
Hope this is a meaningful gift for the new year, 2018. Happy New Year!